giovedì 30 maggio 2013

My "America the Beautiful" shawls


This is my "Purple Mountains Majesty" shawl... already promised to my son's girl, who loves all things purple!!

http://www.smalldoggiesmagazine.com








The yarn was hand spun by my friend Silvia and when I saw it, that phrase from "America the Beautiful".

The recipe is quite simple and is perfect when you don't have enough of a beautiful or precious yarn to make a shawl. As you all have figured out by now, I love shawls! You can wear them wrapped around your neck like a cowl for warmth in winter or draped on your shoulders on a cool summer evening, or around your shoulders and neck on a brisk fall afternoon.. they are so versatile!! Use your favorite shawl pattern - I love crescent shaped shawls - and do sections in your yarn and a mohair yarn. Bind off when the shawl is the size you want it... easy and beautiful!


Next?? "..amber waves of grain"!




... and then "spacious skies". I have to think about the "fruited plain"!

Nessun commento: