domenica 26 dicembre 2010

the day after...

I finally did get around to doing some Christmas baking.. not much by my usual standards, but enough to diffuse a little Christmas Spirit and delicious aromas throughout the house!

I only made two types of cookies ... as opposed to my usual 8 to 10 types... Pecan Nut Tassies and Peanut Butter Kisses (named for the characteristic Hershey's kiss chocolate kissess that top them off, but which I cannot find in Italy.. so I used little rectangular shaped chocolate.. hard-pressed to find a new name for them.. Peanut Butter Chunkies??)
So here is a play by play!
Golden Tassies.. you start by making the little tartlets using a rich cream cheese and butter based dough

you then cut it into 4 equal portions, and then each portion into 12 equal portions.. you get 48 cookies out of this recipe

Now each little piece of pastry dough gets rolled into a ball and placed in the tartlette pan
Next you form the tartlettes - I have a unique little wooden tool to help me in this task




Now you are ready to add the chopped pecans.. about a teaspoonful to each tartlette

At this point, if you havent already done so.. you make the goo that holds the nuts together!


and you spoon about a teaspoonfull over the chopped pecans in each tartlette


you pop them into a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or so...
(don't mind my dirty oven window!)
and there you have it!



DELICIOUS!

Nessun commento: